Once a project is wrapping up, it is time to gather feedback from end-users about how things went. Surveys are a straightforward and convenient tool to gather that feedback. Are you asking the most useful and comprehensive questions in your surveys though? A post at Duration-Driven recommends you include these five questions in your surveys:
- Did the project address all of your concerns?
- Were project communications timely and informative?
- Was support available when you needed it?
- Was the project team approachable and available?
- Was the project’s outcome what you expected?
For a bit of brief commentary on the value of these questions, you can view the full post here: http://duration-driven.com/5-questions-to-include-on-an-end-user-survey/